TORRAGAR FOR SALE
UPDATE – THIS TORRAGAR IS NOW SOLD AND ON IT’S WAY TO SUNNY LOCHGILPHEAD
Have we got a steal for YOU!
As luck would have it we have a ‘M’ TORRAGAR up for the taking. You don’t need to wait 12 weeks for it, you don’t need to hide it away from your family, you don’t even need to pay full price!
Whetted your interest? Read on…
This was a standard custom TORRAGAR with some very fine ‘all-purpose’ feature choices making this frame a true quiver killer. The features of this frame are as follows:
- Tapered head tube to fit in a 1 1/8″ to 1 1/2′ tapered fork (requiring a ZS44/28.6 upper headset and ZS56/40 lower headset in SHIS speak.
- Flattened underside of top tube for cyclocross demands.
- Three bottle cages mounts (two on the down tube, one on the seat tube) for ultra hydration.
- PF30 bottom bracket shell for future proof cranking.
- Seat and chain stays curved to allow for 62mm of tyre clearance aboard a 622mm Ø rim i.e. 700c x 50mm recommended maximum tyre size.
- Chain stays are also curved to allow for either 52-36 double crankset (or 42 single crankset).
- Mounting for fenders and racks.
- 142mm x 12mm type rear though axle. (adopting Shimano thread pattern i.e. M12 x 1.5).
- Internal routing for rear dynamo lighting (adopting Shimano GM-02 grommets).
- Internal gear and brake routing (adopting UK type braking i.e. left hand actuates the rear brake).
- Flat mount type brake mounts.
Tapered Head Tube and Flattened Top Tube
Flat mount and through axle
Through axle and rack and fender mounts
Bead blasted artwork
PF30 bottom bracket shell
Three bottle cage mounts
Internal cable routing
Internal cable routing
Dynamo powered rear light internal routing
This frame’s geometry is as follows:
|Seat Tube (c-t)
|Seat Tube (c-c)
|Top Tube (c-c)
|Head Tube Angle
|Seat Tube Angle
|Bottom Bracket Drop
Ok so now that you’ve got through the unique features and geometry of this frame, here’s nichest of niche features…
The quirk with this frame is that it needs to be built using one of the following Shimano hydraulic calipers:
- BR-S700 (all using BH90 hose) or
- BR -R785 (using BH59 hose)
These are all post-mount. The frame is flat-mount ready therefore the caliper will need a flat-mount to post-mount adaptor, which we will provide (included in the price). We can even help source these calipers and levers at super keen trade prices.
We will would be looking for £900
(down from £1,500) for this frame. This includes free UK postage and packing. Please get in touch via email@example.com
if you are at all interested. If you do not reside in the UK please get in touch and we can discuss international postage.