RGCX VII | HWFG!
We are back, back at the Colosseum of Cross for the SEVENTH edition of ROUKEN GLEN CYCLOCROSS (RGCX)! Albannach are stoked to present to you RGCX at Rouken Glen Park, Sunday the 28th of November 2021.
- The event will take place in Rouken Glen Park in the ‘High Meadows’ part of the park, south west corner, west of the burn.
- This years event will host three races. Two open men’s races and one open women’s race both open to persons 16 years and over – the relevant age is as you come on the 28th of November 2020.
- For the open men’s races, you can choose either the Open A or the Open B race. Generally we would recommend if you typically finish in the top half of an age-group race consider the Open A.
- Both open men’s races will run for 50 mins plus one lap.
- Open Women’s races will run for 40 mins plus one lap.
The (PROVISIONAL) TIMINGS
- We are aiming for the Open B to kick off at 11am, Open Women’s at 12:30pm, then the Open A at 1pm
- The course will be open at 10am for course practise and for around 15 mins before before each race.
- Timings are subject to change. Exact timings will be communicated closer to the race date.
- There will be 90 entries to the Open A and Open B, 60 entries to the Open Women’s available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Entry is £20 per rider.
- The closing date for advance entries is the 21st of November 2021.
- Riders enter understanding that should there be a change in the local COVID-19 situation necessitating an event cancellation, they would be entitled to a full refund (less the £1 SC/BC administration fee)
- There will be no entries on the day.
- ENTER VIA BRITISH CYCLING >>> HERE <<<
- The race is at ROUKEN GLEN PARK, Rouken Glen Road, Giffnock, East Renfrewshire G46 7LL. Details on where to park, where to sign on, where to start will be sent out closer to the race date. For those without a vehicle, the park is right beside Whitecraigs train station, connecting to Glasgow Central.
NOTICE FOR RIDERS WITHOUT RACE LICENSES
RGCX is being run under British Cycling Regulations and you therefore require a British Cycling Race License. If you do not currently have a Race License through your membership you will be required to purchase a Day License at £3. We will be emailing all riders that will require a Day License to gather payment either before the day of the race or bring the exact change with them on race day to pay for a Day License. We will not be issuing any race numbers or chips to riders without a race/day license.
Any questions please feel free to drop Jim Cameron an email at email@example.com
Further race information will be communicated via the RGCX event page – www.albannach.cc/RGCX